Monday, November 12, 2007

How to find other versions of Eclipse?

Some time ago I was looking for the new Eclipse milestone in order to download it and give it a try. I went to the Eclipse download page and saw the new download page everyone knew (it was introduced with Eclipse Europa by Eclipse Packaging Project). I like this packaging idea, but I had no idea how to get the newest milestone of Eclipse. Fotunately Bartek Michalik told me how to achieve it. Two days later my colleague Christopher Daniel was facing the same problem, so I think it's worth saying how to get to the page with the latest builds.
If you go to the Eclipse download page you will find the Find out more... link (this was the hardest thing to find and I think that the text "Find out more" can mislead people):
On the next page follow the All versions link:
And here it is!

2 comments:

Ian Skerrett said...

If you go to the Eclipse platform project page you can get to their download page and milestones very easily.

Denis Roy said...

Feel free to comment on this bug:
http://bugs.eclipse.org/205205