A developer that starts his adventure with eclipse contributions, always hit one obstacle - Eclipse is big. Huge. Enormous.
A dozens of plugins in newly downloaded distribution. Thousands of classes, and uncountable amount of code lines.
So, how to get from user interface the underlying code?
I will show you the easy way:
1. Check out all plugins from repository that are connected with your area of interests.
2. Lets say we are trying to modify 'Apply Patch...' action. So press Ctrl-H and perform search.
3. There is no much results:
4. When you check them, you will see another terms to search:
5. Search for them again:
6. Voila - we have the action (and the code):